Welcome to MIC 2021
(onsite & online mode)
The Metaheuristics International Conference (MIC) conference series was established in 1995 and
this is its 14th edition!
MIC is nowadays the main event focusing on the progress of the area of Metaheuristics and
their applications. As in all previous editions, provides an opportunity to the international
research community in Metaheuristics to discuss recent research results, to develop new ideas and
collaborations, and to meet old and make new friends in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
MIC'2021 is focus on presentations that cover different aspects of metaheuristic research such as new
algorithmic developments, high-impact and original applications, new research challenges, theoretical
developments, implementation issues, and in-depth experimental studies. MIC'2021 strives a high-quality
program that will be completed by a number of invited talks, tutorials, workshops and special sessions.
Considering the particular moment, the conference will be held in presence and online mode.
Of course, in case the conference will be held in presence, the organizing committee will ensure
compliance of all safety conditions.
Relevant Research Areas
MIC'2021 solicits contributions dealing with any aspect of metaheuristics. Typical, but not exclusive,
topics of interest are:
- Metaheuristic techniques such as tabu search, simulated annealing, iterated local search,
variable neighborhood search, memory-based optimization, dynamic local search, evolutionary algorithms,
memetic algorithms, ant colony optimization, variable neighborhood search, particle swarm optimization,
scatter search, path relinking, etc.
- Techniques that enhance the usability and increase the potential of metaheuristic algorithms
such as reactive search mechanisms for self-tuning, offline metaheuristic algorithm configuration
techniques, algorithm portfolios, parallelization of metaheuristic algorithms, etc.
- Empirical and theoretical research in metaheuristics including large-scale experimental
analyses, algorithm comparisons, new experimental methodologies, engineering methodologies
for metaheuristic algorithms, search space analysis, theoretical insights into properties
of metaheuristic algorithms, etc.
- High-impact applications of metaheuristics in fields such as bioinformatics, electrical and
mechanical engineering, telecommunications, sustainability, business, scheduling and timetabling.
Particularly welcome are innovative applications of metaheuristic algorithms that have a potential
of pushing research frontiers.
- Contributions on the combination of metaheuristic techniques with those from other areas,
such as integer programming, constraint programming, machine learning, etc.
- Contributions on the use of metaheuristic techniques in machine learning and deep learning
for finetuning and neural architecture search, etc.
- Challenging applications areas such as continuous, mixed discrete-continuous, multi-objective,
stochastic, or dynamic problems.